Wednesday, October 22, 2008

questions for Active Reading pg.385

1.) Some of the facts that Gould presents as support the theory of evolution are the tree of evolutionary descent linking all organisms by ties of genealogy.  Another is that part of a hierarchy of confidence running down hill fact to theory to hypothesis to guess.

2)Some of the inferences that Gould presents evidence to support the theory of evolution are evidence from the field and laboratory that are direct observational evidence of evolution in action.  Another fact is that the imperfection of nature reveals evolution.  Evolution lies exposed in the imperfections that record a history of descent.  The third fact is that transitions are often found in the fossils records.

3.) No, I did not know about this event, but I would say that my understanding of it was not reduced.  I would actually say that I have a better understanding of this and wish to know more about the trial of 1925.

No comments: