Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chapter 3 Questions Pg.73

1.) The experience that changed Smiley's belief about chores was, when she started to work at the stable.  She really loved it a lot because she had a passion for her horse riding and enjoyed every minute of it.  Also, no one was forcing her to do it at all she was doing it at her own will.  She describes this experience after she explains why she doesn't believe in chores, which is towards the middle.  The impact that would effect me as a reader would be described as more understanding to me because it makes sense where she positioned the explaining of it in her essay.  
2.) The reasons and evidence shown here would be, her personal experience and how her explinations are worded towards me, the reader.  I didn't think that she wrote them in a way that was demanding.  In my opinion she was writing in way that was understanding.
3.) I think her rhetorical questions definitely backed up her reasons and supported them very well.  

No comments: