Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Journal #5 " I want a wife"

1.) The types of duties that syfer describes as being performed by wives is for them to be therewhen he wants her to be there.  To be there to make the dinner, to make the kids appointments to the doctor's and to make sure that she is on top of it.  She also describes the wife having to give sexual pleasure when wanted and not to complain about her problems.  To listen when the husband has a problem.  To make sure the kids are in bed when the husband's friends are over and to make sure that there glasses get filled up when needed.  There are many things that syfer describes that the wife does, it's actually like the wife does everything. I definitely do no think that today's day in age that this is done by women.  Yes, of course the wife is there for the kids and for the husband, but no way does the wife do all of those things that syfer has described.  I think that yes in the past 37 years it has changed, I mean you will always meet someone like that but for the most part no not in today's society.
2.) The way that I would describe Syfer's writing style is intense, because the feeling of the writing is able to be felt in many ways. I would say yes, she does do some things in her essay that I particularly would not do in mine.  For example, she repeatedly keeps on saying line after line "I want a wife"over and over again I personally do not think that is a good sense of writing.
3.) What seems to me to be a little unfair is that, women always think of guys should be paying for everything, especially when they are going out to dinner.  Maybe the guy should be paying when they are on a date but I don't think every single time they go out the guy should be paying.  I just think that it's a little bit of a steriotype that guys have to be paying for girls all the time.

No comments: